Fear is not the opposite of courage. Fear is the catalyst of courage.
The ripening process of life brings out the best in us, however trying the test of the seasons.
These two quotes have been lights along my own path. And they both come from one of my greatest role models.
Joan Chittister is a Benedictine nun, an international speaker and a teacher. She also is the author of some 50 books, including her most recent, Radical Spirit: 12 Ways to Live a Free and Authentic Life.
Her work as an energetic advocate for social justice and equality, especially for women, has blazed a trail for me over the last 15 years.
I asked Sister Joan to help Women on Fire kick off the new year with inspiration and passion. She provides a large dose of each. This is one of my all-time favorite interviews!
For the January membership packet, I am so pleased to introduce this humanitarian, in all her wisdom, grace and humor. I know you will love her as much as I do.
Listen here as Sister Joan describes what she calls “the ripening process in life”:
In the rest of this fun and challenging conversation, you’ll learn:
- A beautiful ritual you’ll want to use as a spiritual jump-start for each year
- How Sister Joan has had to face down fear over and over again during her ceiling-shattering career
- The way she defines and observes authenticity in the people who most inspire her
- About the saint whose example guided her in writing her latest book
- How humility can transform all of your relationships
- What it means to be a “maverick” for the rights of women and families
- Ways that women can find nourishment and comfort in the church today
- The “intoxicating” beverage Sister Joan might have used for toasting the new year!
To hear the rest of this profound conversation, join the Women on Fire Monthly Membership today.
You will become part of what New York Times’ best-selling author Marianne Williamson calls “the ultimate ‘you go, girl’ community for inspiration and support.”
You have until January 5 to receive the full interview with Joan Chittister, your personalized coaching materials, access to the Women on Fire private Facebook page and much, much more.
We hope you’ll join us!